Pender County Schools Dress Code
The board believes that the dress and personal appearance of students greatly affect their academic performance and their interaction with other students. The board requests that parents outfit their children in clothing that will be conducive to learning. The board prohibits appearance or clothing that does the following: (1) violates the standards established in this policy or reasonable dress code adopted and publicized by the school; (2) is substantially disruptive; (3) is provocative or obscene; (4) endangers the health or safety of the student or others; or (5) violates policy 4328, Gang-Related Activity.
All students must adhere to the following standards.
1. Students may not wear sagging pants or pants worn below the hipbone.
2. Shirts and tops must be long enough to meet the waistband of pants, shorts or skirts at all times. No midriffs, cleavage or underwear shall be visible at any time. See-through clothing is prohibited.
3. Students may not wear sleeveless shirts, tops or dresses that do not cover the top of the shoulder (i.e. tank tops, spaghetti straps, halter tops, tube tops, strapless tops, etc.).
4. Excessively short or tight garments are prohibited. Skirts and shorts may not be shorter than mid-thigh length.
5. Head coverings are prohibited inside school buildings.
6. Adornments that could reasonably be perceived as or used as a weapon, such as chains or spikes, are prohibited.
7. Students may not wear attire with messages or illustrations that are lewd, indecent or vulgar or that advertise any product or service not permitted by law to minors.
News and Events
Pender County Robotics Team wins "Inspirational Rookies" Award at Campbell University competition
Board of Education Recognitions:
Two Pender High Students are headed to Governor's School:
Savannah Boyd in English and Leo Mendez in Drama
Pender High Future Farmers of America with Mr. Tom Herren receive $5000 from Tobacco Trust Fund Commission
Pender Alliance for Teen Health now has a Center at Pender High School. For more information, visit its webpage located under the Students Tab.
New Student Enrollment information is available under
Student Services Tab
Transcript Request Form is located under Student Services Tab
Visit the Patriot Spirit Shop page under NEWS!
Pender High Yearbook: The Heritage
Sports/ Athletic Calendar